Search This Blog

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Lemon Curd Cake







It's been so long since i wrote something. A year almost!

Sometimes I have a lot to say & sometimes nothing at all. ..but I do miss the feeling of writing!

It's not like i haven't been eating at exciting restaraunts or haven't been baking but i just didn't feel the need to pick up a camera for every plate of food that came in front of me.

Now after the long hiatus, I feel like re-connecting with an old friend & thankfully, blogger hasn't dumped my blog into the virtual landfill of unused/unattended sites.

For the longest time, I wanted to try a new cake flavour.Not the usual coffee/chocolate drill.

I wanted to try a fruit flavoured cake & what better to try than a very tempting piece of a lemon curd cake.
I read the recipe & dreamt & dreamt about baking it.
I was so enchanted, that I made an illustration of the cake to satisfy my afternoon baking urges.

I did finally slog over the stove to make a spongy pastel yellow coloured cake.The colour & flavour was as exciting as promised & the icing on the cake was that R really liked it!






No comments: