Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

HOT CHOCOLATE FUDGE


Outside my window, the sun bounces off the neighbouring white walls...its still and as I peer outside to see if its only me being cooked to medium rare since 9 in the morning...i realise that the rest of the world is also being deprived of breeze......the leaves have been cursed to a still silence and the sun is a scorching ball of gold......
so in the middle of all that...my mind latches onto the thought of a hot choclate fudge...its a weekly regular and was wondering how i had gone for so long without it and i quickly moved on to dreaming about it...it was decided ....i pick it up on the way back home from one of my more favourite ice cream places...corner house.......lounge in front of the telly...watch some trashy show.........enjoy the ice cream and if all goes according to plan...pass out on the couch itself without mums background score!
between 2 and five, the craving for HCF hit a high and while i was browisng through food picures to satiate my lust...it struck me that i had never bothered to write about one of my classic favourites........
hot choclate fudge is a classic.Its medicinal value has proved precious in curing everything from mood swings to pre menstrual tantrums to heart aches and body pains.I cannot believe that the answer to all my life's questions comes in a cheap looking plastic glass filled with 2 scoops of white not so sugary sweet vanilla ice cream topped with goey....fudgy.....will coagulate in 10 minutes sort of a choclate sauce and yes the groundnuts......make them all the more glorious.
i have walked miles for hot choc fudge with an achy knee in the middle (well not so middle ...but lets make this a little dramtaic shall we?) of the night .........
i have read and re read the menu at corner house every time.....convincing myself to try something new but alas...i have always been loyal and i have scarped the last bit off the glass, wiped the rim clean, had goosebumps and prayed for such a wonderful gift to mankind almost everytime i have eaten it.
yes, chocolate is my poison and i suppose declaring it at this point comes as no surprise to anybody.
I wanted to take a picture...but it was so tempting....it vanished before i could blink!....
hence picture courtesy goes to Flickr.com.

No comments: